Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Things I Struggle With: Friendship

Hello Sassy Ladies!

Today I'm going to talk about something we all should find important, friends. Everyone's story is different, but I'm opening my heart to share a little about mine!

In my history of friends, I have had quite a few. I've never really had a solid group of girlfriends and I'm used to friends coming and going. Now this isn't to say that I have absolutely zero friends, but I just don't have them the way others do. I guess it boils down to the fact that I'm pretty open, but it's really hard to truly get to know me. And I guess part of it is that I have had lots of bad luck with friends.

Over the years I have been stabbed, and I mean stabbed in the back more times than I can count, while my younger self would bawl and cry, these days I sort of blink my eyes and walk away, I've gotten good at burning bridges. I don't just think that I'm good at burning bridges though, I think there's much more than that. In the past few years I have developed a new faith and truly committed my life to growing closer to the Lord and to becoming more like His son, Jesus. In my journey as a Christian, I have been blessed with the ability to see things in a different light, and being a child of an almighty God will certainly do that to you.

I've lost more friends for becoming a Christian than I gained, but shedding the negative and hateful is a necessary thing sometimes.  I have poured my heart out to friends only to have them walk away, but were they true friends, were they who God intended for me to have in my life? Not necessarily. As I reflect on the friends I've loved and lost, and even let go, I can see that God was at the center of everything. I've had the Holy Spirit tug at my heart to befriend someone that I ordinarily wouldn't, but I've also felt the Holy Spirit urging me to let friends go. I have a peace about losing people because I know that I always have my faith, and I know that my God will never leave nor forsake me.

make you laugh and smile
Source: Pinterest
In the first few months of our marriage, I was pretty miserable. Not with our marriage itself, but I was pretty isolated. I didn't have a job, didn't have any hobbies that I could participate in, and I didn't have any friends. My husband's new job proved to be a blessing in more ways that one, he has a better position, and he happens to work with a lot of beautiful, Godly women who I am honored to call my friends. I've made wonderful friends through my job as well, and my best friend (who was also in our wedding) moved back to the area in the Fall, so I've been overjoyed to have her home! And as silly as it may sound, I'm so grateful for my blog friends as well, you ladies are amazing! The days of loneliness and lack of fellowship with other women are over! My social calendar is quite full, and so is my heart.

enjoy being silly and crazy
Source: Pinterest


Until next time!
Xx,

LG


2 comments:

  1. Aww, I love this! Praise God for the work He has done in you, and for providing you with good, Godly friends. I can relate in a lot of ways.<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too struggle with the same. I have never had as good of friends as I do now...the last three years of college have been hard for me. I have had more fun in the past three weeks back at school than I have all year! The Lord is good!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS