Thursday, February 27, 2014

Gluten free Oat Muffins

Good Morning babes!


Since I've been on my gluten free adventure, making baked goods has proven to be a bit of a challenge for me. Too gritty, too slimy, I've thrown out more cakes than I can count. Well, fear not because this recipe is fast, easy, and delicious! Did I mention that this recipe could easily be made vegan? It's a win/win.

What You'll need:
5 cups rolled oats
1 tsp. salt
2 3/4 cups water
1/4 cup milk, use almond or coconut milk if you're dairy free/vegan
1/2 cup oil (I used coconut and olive oil)
1 over ripe banana
1 egg
1/2 cup dried cranberries (or chocolate chips, nuts, etc.)
1 tsp. vanilla extract

What you do:
In separate bowls, mix the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients. Mash the banana and add into the wet ingredients.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet, mix well
Add the batter to a cupcake or muffin tin (with liners)
Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until done

I hope that you enjoy these as much as I have, my hubby even approves! Eat them for breakfast with peanut butter or take them on the go as a snack!

Enjoy!

Xx,

LG

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS