Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A Few Things I Love About My Husband

Good day cuties!

How's the weather treating everyone? It's 54 degrees today in Ole' Virginny so I'm not complaining, here's hoping that the black snow melts. Seriously, that stuff is gross.


A few days ago, the sweet Karissa from Karissa and Company posted a precious blog post about 10 things that she loved about her husband and it inspired me to do one as well!
In relationships and especially marriage, it's important to speak positive words about your spouse, it breaks my heart to see spouses talk about one another behind the other's back.

Sometimes I joke about the silly things that my husband does that drive me crazy, but at the end of the day I get a good laugh about how wacky I am. If he thought about my annoying habits for even 5 seconds, my husband would have an incredibly long list. Seriously guys, have you read my post about how weird I am? If not, you can find it here.

The funny thing about marriage is that sometimes you see your sin more clearly through the other person. One day as I was tidying up the house and getting irritated about all the little things that got left behind my husband or myself, it hit me that there are plenty of things that I do that must annoy him as well. Perhaps my huge pile of clothes that need to be put back in my closet, or how about my crafting supplies that are often scattered around our living room. Sometimes when by putting the magnifying glass on your spouse, it comes right back and you see your own flaws more clearly.

With that being said, here are just a few things that I love about my husband!

1. He is patient.
Seriously guys, my husband is a saint. He is so unbelievably patient with me, all of my projects, dreams, fears, he just sits by me and lets me get everything out. I can be a little wound up at times, yet he doesn't show his frustration and for that I'm thankful.

2. He understands my humor.
Have I told you about how weird I am? My humor is different than most, and often dry and inappropriate, yet he gets that about me and laughs at my jokes.

3. He's my bestie.
Will my husband ever replace my best girl friends? No. But he's my very best friend. When I had no friends, my husband gladly went to Target with me to look at nail polish and makeup, he goes shopping with me, and he listens to my "girl talk" with no complaint. 

4. He's my biggest fan.
Yet another cliche thing people say about their significant others, but I mean it. He's always rooting for me and he's always excited for me. When I got my part-time job at a small boutique, he took me out to celebrate. Case and point.

5. His expectations are realistic.
I LOVE that my husband is practical and realistic. He doesn't expect me to greet him every day with my hair and makeup done, all the laundry folded and put away, and every surface in our home scrubbed and sparkling. Whether I'm fresh-faced or still in my gym clothes, he always seems excited to see me.



What are some things that you love about your significant other/spouse? I'd love to hear what you have to say : )

Xx,

LG

1 comment:

  1. I love this!! Been married a short 3 months yet I have learned so much about myself, him, Grace, God's love for us. So happy to have found your adorable blog! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS