Thursday, January 30, 2014

Gluten Free Enchiladas

Happy Afternoon!

I hope everyone is having a great week, tomorrow is Friday!! This weekend we are going to my in-law's to celebrate my hubby's birthday! It's our first birthday celebration as a married couple, so I'm pretty excited : )

I've talked about my gluten free journey before, and today I have a little recipe to share with you! Eating gluten free can be tough at first, and often a little tricky but once you learn to substitute ingredients, it really isn't bad! Give this recipe a try and tell me what you think!

Gluten Free Chicken "Enchiladas"

What you'll need:
-corn tortillas
-1-2 cans of Rotel (I use the "hot" one but they have different variations)
-small container of sour cream
-chicken stock (1-2 cups)
-Cheese! Use either mexican blend or colby jack
-4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts

What you do:
1. Cook the chicken. You can either boil the chicken, or my favorite way is to cook it in the crock pot, on low for 4-6 hours (until done) in chicken broth, salt, pepper, and a little cumin
2. Shred the chicken
3. Add chicken and a little of your cheese to a tortilla, roll it up, and place it in a casserole or baking dish. Repeat the process until your chicken is all gone. **Save some cheese as you will need it for topping**
4. Once you have finished with the tortilla process, add a little butter/olive oil and chicken stock (about 1 cup) to a sauce pan. On medium heat, add your can(s) of rotel, stir well. Then add a tablespoon full of sour cream to pan, keep stirring until creamy and well blended. Do not let the sauce boil, or it could cause the sour cream to curdle. 
5. Once the sauce is well-blended, pour it over your "enchiladas" in the casserole dish
6. Top the enchiladas off with cheese
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes
8. Broil for 1-2 minutes at the end to brown the cheese slightly

**The corn tortillas may not roll up very well, if they crack it doesn't matter, once everything is cooked it'll blend into a big creamy mess anyway**

Serve it up and enjoy!!

I hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as my husband and I have! I'm going vegetarian, so I've made these with bell peppers inside and they are ta-sty! It's an easy dinner that is sure to please, plus it reheats well : )

Xx,

LG

2 comments:

  1. one of my good friends is gluten-free and i have been trying to find a recipe for our next group dinner that will work for her too! so glad i came across this and your blog. can't wait to keep reading!
    xo, erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm I know where I want to go for dinner (and it's certainly not Prothro!!!)

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS