Thursday, November 14, 2013

Urban Legends: Dry Shampoo

Happy Thursday beauties!

I seriously hope that everyone is having a great week thus far, if not, email me and I can send you hilarious Youtube videos to perk you up. (I'm not joking, I have a whole list of them).

It seems lately that there are beauty products popping up left and right, and sometimes it's hard to decipher whether or not they're worth it, what to splurge on, etc. Well friends, today I'll tell you all about my journey with dry shampoo!

A few years ago after one of my surgeries, I was beginning to smell a bit like a cheesy dog, since I couldn't wash my hair and I could only take sponge baths (I'm cringing at the thought). My mother dearest bought me some dry shampoo to help make me feel a bit more like a human and less like a stinky swamp creature with a chopped up foot. That was my first real experience with dry shampoo. It was not a pleasant one. My mother covered my head in the stuff and I nearly suffocated (really though, it was hard to breathe through the fumes), and to make matters worse, my hair only got more oily. Things went from gross to grosser.

Since then I have read reviews, asked salons, the whole shebang! I believe that I have some products that are worth giving a try! You should know that my hair is super thin and very oily. I have infant hair, though actual infant probably has more volume than mine does. Moving on.
My hair is oily but I can't wash it every day or the ends will get dried out, it's quite the double-edged sword over here. Dry shampoo is a perfect solution for me, especially now that I have side bangs...

So without further adieu, here's the starting lineup!

1. Tresemme Fresh Start. I can't tell you how much this product did NOT work for my hair. It literally did nothing but make it super oily. Again, I have thin hair, but I wouldn't recommend this product. Also, most dry shampoos will emit a white powdery substance, this one did not...


2. Osis. I really really liked this product, it's probably my favorite dry shampoo because it smells great, does its job, adds volume, and it doesn't leave my hair feeling weird. The only problem? It's almost $25 for a teeny tiny bottle, which didn't last me very long at all. It's definitely worth the splurge if you can swing it!


3. L'Oreal Everstyle. This is a close second for me (Osis being my favorite) but this product smells nice and absorbs the oil well. The only problem I've had with this one is that it occasionally leaves my hair feeling chalky and it becomes difficult to style. With a $6 price tag though, it really can't be beat!



So there you have it! What are some of your favorite (and least favorite) dry shampoos??

Xx,

LG

5 comments:

  1. Hahaha. I tried that first one too. It did the exact opposite of what it said it would do! Too funny. I've never found a dry shampoo that actually works.. I'll have to try those other two you mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you posted this. I just thought I was crazy. Everyone raves about the Tresemmme..but it made my hair look like an oil slick. I'm going to have to try that L'oreal one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HATE Tresemme' dry shampoo too. It made my hair just stank up striaght like in 'There's Something About Mary'. TERRIBLE. Thank you for the recommendations, I'll have to try one of the others out!

    Karissa
    www.karissaandcompany.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the Tresseme shampoo for the cost - some dry shampoos are so expensive! I like bed heads version too, and I am trying a new kind from target right now! I love dry shampoo, its a life saver!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use cornstarch as a dry shampoo and it works great! I always opt for natural products over commercial. Try raw honey for a nourishing hair conditioner I found a great article on www.benefitsrawhoney.com check it out!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS