Wednesday, November 13, 2013

My, how things have changed.

Happy Wednesday snuggle bunnies!

Can we just take a moment to mourn the loss of summer? Don't get me wrong, I love fall and all, but these freezing cold temperatures are really not fun. Plus with the wind and the static, my hair has become the perfect home for a family of small rodents. Gross.

This time of the year is really special and fun for me and my hubby, over the past few years a lot of precious moments have been held in the fall. This year we are no longer dating or engaged, but married, and that got me thinking about how much we have changed. So buckle down and get ready for a trip down memory lane.

This was one of our first "dates" together and our first picture together as a couple. He was sweet enough to be my date to a semi-formal at my college, even though he hates parties and dancing. (In some ways, we are polar opposites- I love parties and dancing)

attending a semi-formal

One of my first trips to his parent's house, he took me for a ride on the 4-wheeler and made every attempt to get me covered in mud. I guess he needed to give me the "yuppie girl" test, I passed.


Our first Christmas together, please ignore the awkward smiles, but note the reindeer antlers, those are tradition now.

On November 12, 2010 he asked me to be his wife. A week later we celebrated our one year anniversary. 






We've attended quite a few weddings together. (Sexy boot ya got there, Laurel)




We've posed for many pictures.


2 and 1/2 years after getting engaged, I finally became his wife.

ceremony in the Spring


He's nursed me through many sick days, and carried me into my house after 3 surgeries. He's slept on my floor so that he could wake up to give me medicine, once while I was sick he even slept outside my door so that he could hear me if I woke up. We've laughed until we cried, cried and then ended up laughing, and loved each other through our ugliest times. He truly is my best friend and I couldn't imagine a moment without him. We might not stay up until 3 am talking (on the phone) anymore, but I prefer our 9:30 bedtime and old married couple routine.

Do you have a special someone? If you do, how have you changed since you first started dating?

(Sorry to get all mushy on you, I'm just so full of love today, must be the coffee)

Xx,

LG

5 comments:

  1. Mushy posts are my favorite posts. Laurel. This is awesome. I loved every word! You are an incredible writer. Really and truly. You both look so good together too! Dang!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so beautiful. i love this post!

    Karissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! Love trips down memory lane. November is a special month for me and my guy too! Fall is perfect for love :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet - you guys are so cute together!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just the sweetest thing ever. Ya'll are absolutely adorable! I love your story :)

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS