Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Gluten Free Chicken Pot Pie {Recipe}

So I mentioned yesterday that I was going gluten free and I mentioned a few meals that I was planning on making, well y'all, here is one of them! This is a very easy meal to make and boy is it good!


Here is what you will need:

Gluten free bisquick 
Rice flour or other gluten free flour (optional)
2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Chicken or vegetable stock
1 bag (frozen) peas
1 bag or can of corn
3-4 large carrots 
Milk
Butter or olive oil


1. Rinse off chicken breasts with water and cut off any excess fat. I cooked my chicken in the crock pot because it is easy and it makes the chicken very moist, but if you prefer another method, that's fine! If you're using a crock pot, place the chicken in the crock pot with about 1/4-1/2 cup of chicken or vegetable stock. Then season the chicken to your taste, I covered the chicken with bay leaves, thyme, basil, and salt & pepper. Let chicken cook on low for about 3 hours. Once the chicken is cooked, pull it apart using two forks, let it sit in the crock pot while you move to step 2.

2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Melt butter (about 1/4 stick) in a large saucepan, add carrots, peas, and corn. Once they begin to cook (become softer, but not mushy) add milk (about 1/2 cup) and a little chicken/vegetable stock (1/4 cup) and stir. If you want your mixture more creamy, add more milk, or if you'd like the mixture to be thicker, add rice flour or GF bisquick. Next, add your chicken (and any leftover juice) to the saucepan and stir.

3. Using gluten free Bisquick, follow the mixture instructions on the box as if you were making biscuits. I used oil instead of shortening and my mix turned out fine! 

4. Pour the chicken and veggies from the saucepan into a large baking dish and spread evenly. Spread your biscuit mix over top of the veggie/chicken mixture.

5. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes, or until the crust on top is golden brown. Butter the top crust, allow to cool for a few minutes, and serve!


I hope that this is easy to follow, it is seriously one of the easiest meals and so delicious! Please email me if you have any questions : )

Xx,

LG

2 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy, Laurel! I'll have to add that to the meal list for next week! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS