Thursday, September 19, 2013

Seasons

Happy Thursday Y'all!!

I hope that everyone is staring to enjoy the crisper, cooler temperatures like the ones we are having here in good ol' Virginny!

For some reason this fall I feel so...giddy. I'm excited for the new season, but I'm also excited for a new season of life with my sweet husband- especially because we are going to North Carolina TOMORROW for his final interview! I can hardly contain my excitement.

Now, I'm not trying to wish the seasons away, but I feel as though I have done that a little bit in the past few months, and I don't just mean that physical seasons, I'm talking about the ones in my marriage as well. See, instead of being a happy joyful wife when we returned from our honeymoon, I have been anticipating our move to NC. I have been plotting, planning, and looking for new homes instead of treasuring the one I'm currently living in! I was so bad that for the first 2 months of our marriage I refused to unpack everything because I just knew that we would be relocating immediately. Let's fast forward almost 4 months, we are still in Virginia, and though prospects of moving look great, it isn't all said and done yet.

I'm afraid that I'm not alone in doing this, whether it be overly anticipating a new job, or preparing to move into a new home, I believe that many of us rush into new seasons. Now I'm not saying that this is a bad thing, but it can sometimes be hurtful to those around us, and it may cause us to look back with a sense of regret for not living more in the moment!

To try and get a reign on my excitement I'm working on cherishing the last moments we have in this place, so with that being said, I'm compiling a list of things that I'll miss when we do finally leave!

1. My horse. I've mentioned before that my horse is being leased by a friend that I went to college with- well luckily he's only about 30 minutes away so I have been able to ride him some! If I move then we will be hours apart :( I mean, how can you resist this face?


Such a goob.


2. The Mountains. Hello beautiful, especially in the fall!

Source: Google

3. Dear Friends. We have made some amazing friends and I will greatly miss them!!



So, what can do you to keep yourself from "wishing away" the seasons of life?

Xx,

LG



1 comment:

  1. oh how fun it will be to have your horse back as your own! i always loved the fall time because it was the best weather to ride in

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS